Altos Las Hormigas Malbec Appellation Gualtallary, Uco Valley


Grape Varieties: 100% Malbec


This is an explosive wine that fills all your senses. A brilliant Malbec with a deep ruby color, showing also rich violet hues. The nose is herbaceous and shows fruity and saline notes, with very present aromas of graphite, as well as thyme, blueberries, plums, and violets. The complexity on the nose is also appreciated on the mouth. This is a structured and vertical wine, with firm tannins. It has a great grip on the palate and a long, fruity finish with mineral notes, typical of its place of origin: a vineyard with limestone soils in the heights of the Uco Valley.

Additional information




100% of this Malbec stems from the loamy soils of Gualtallary, lying at 1,400 meters above sea level. The soil presents limestone-covered pebbles and gravels that occupy 50-70% of the soil volume, with a high percentage of free calcium carbonate in the profile granting to the wine a fresh minerality.


The grapes go through a double selection process and are released by gravity into small concrete tanks. The alcoholic fermentation begins with indigenous yeasts at 26ºC for 20 days. In order to maintain a careful, gentle handling, pumping is not used; the cap is rotated by manual pigeage throughout the fermentation. 85% of the wine was matured in 3,500 ltr untoasted foudres for 20 months, while the remaining 15% was aged in concrete vats. There was a coarse filtration prior to bottling, to ensure no interference with the quality of the wine. Aged for 12 months in the bottle.

Phone: +357 22349395
Fax: +357 22676441
Cyprus, 1016, Nicosia
Korai 33